Wednesday, April 9, 2014

BEAUTY IN A NUTSHELL//FOUNDATION MELTDOWN TRICK!

Sans primer, sans makeup setting sprays, sans milk of magnesia or whatever else you may use to get your foundation NOT to budge; this is the mother of them all.

I learnt this trick from gossmakeupartist on Youtube. If you haven't been visiting that channel to help solve some serious makeup doubts, then you aren't lookin' good enough. But here's the deal, you have oily skin, or maybe not. Maybe you're like me and maybe you just have a pesky oily nose which tends to be the only place where foundation slips within less than 30 minutes and then it shines like the next brightest chandelier in the room. You can thank me later because this right here is how to make your foundation last ALL day.

The trick sounded so outrageous, so utterly tempting for my poor nose which loves to sport humongously large pores and tremendous shine that I needed to put it to the test.

The secret ingredient is..loose powder. I know, I'm not kidding you. The whole fancy-shmancy deal lies with the timing of application: not after foundation, apply it before foundation.

According to the video, it has to be loose powder, not compact. So here's what I did, I'm more of a compact powder kinda girl, so loose powder isn't an available luxury in my crib. I used cornfour/cornstarch instead.

Guess what, it worked perfect.


Materials:
-A clean small jar (sample jam jars work perfect.So do travel-sized lotion jars. After you wash n' dry them, give them a clean with rubbing alchohol). This makes it great to pop in your purse.

-Cornflour/cornstarch or loose translucent powder (if cornflour looks ashy on your skintone, even though it's fairly translucent, mix it with a tad bit of cocoa or cinnamon powder)


Coupled with my DIY primer recipe and my DIY blotting tissues, this is a meltdown ninja combo.Even alone, it stands proud. :)

The Test:

I kept checking regularly throughout the day for the ultimate stay-on test. I tried this with two foundations. A totally crappy foundation (Maybelline Dream Liquid) which doesn't suit me at all - It has great finish but one hour later, it slides all off my face, leaves my face patchy, even my forehead shiny, you get the gist. With this? My nose was still a tad shiny, but there was NIL dragging around with the foundation. Even 8+ hours later, it looked like I had just put it on. Skin was even all round, it hadn't slid off places and disintegrated. None of that nonsense.

Also there was a reduction in oxidation. How-utterly-cool. (Normally, this foundation makes me look as dull as a muddy puddle.)

Next, I tried it with a friend's foundation. I'm not sure what company it is but it was a long-last foundation and I love it to bits (probably the one I'd purchase next). I already love the foundation because it stays on so long and applying the powder before the foundation and after moisturizer, sunscreen etc. just made it completely shine-free & truly gorgeous.

My friend and I wore the same foundation on that particular day and though hers faded a lil and still looked pretty with a teeeensy bit of oxidation, mine didn't budge or fade. Win!

.............................

So if you have a favorite foundation, this trick is gonna make it your beyond favorite. If you're trying to make a nasty foundation work, this is gonna make it workable.

And don't worry about your face looking cakey. I promise it won't. In fact, the cornstarch acts like a filler (just like primer) post-moisturizer for the skin. I suppose the video specifically mentions loose powder because it is finely milled and won't make your foundation look cakey.

The best part? This is so ridiculously cheap.

Have any questions or comments? Ask below!

Don't forget to share and pin! Also subscribe to Craft A Doodle Doo or join me over at Pinterest & Facebook for simple, outrageously genius tips!

Love, Nash


2 comments:


FRESH IRRESISTABLE IDEAS...

RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.